Be honest. Did you all know about the Logan Square Farmer’s Market and just not TELL me? Did you KNOW about kale burgers? And corn on the cob with mayo and cheese and butter on it? And fresh strawberries? Oh, the fresh strawberries!
Did you also know that there is free yoga at the Logan Square Farmer’s Market at 10am every Sunday? Because I didn’t until I was offered the chance to substitute teach for a fellow yoga teacher this past week. AND IT WAS AWESOME.
Here are a few reasons to try out yoga at the Logan Square Farmer’s Market.
1) It smells like strawberries. Not in an overwhelming way, just in a I-may-have-smushed-a-wayward-strawberry-in-that-cobra-pose-and-it-smells-great kinda way.
2) You can hear your teacher correct themselves when they say “lift your leg to the ceiling, er, I mean sky” (maybe other teachers are more suave than I am, in which case you would not be able to enjoy this particularity, but you can IMAGINE it).
3) The porta-potty makes a great gazing point during balancing poses like vrksana, tree pose. And, as one of the students pointed out, the company is called “oui oui,” which if you say out loud sounds like “wee-wee.” Adorable.
4) The breeze! Imagine standing in your powerful Warrior II when a gentle breeze sweeps by to cool your skin. Yup . . . it’s that idyllic.
5) The Logan Square community/sangha is great backdrop to savasana. You can experience the joys of being an urban yogi including, but not limited to, cars driving by, excited couples picking out fresh berries to go with their brunch, and exhausted children crying.
6) The aforementioned Post-Yoga Kale Burger.
7) The dogs of Logan Square love watching yoga. “Hmph. They call THAT downward facing dog?”
8) And speaking of spectators – you may end up in a camera-toting tourist’s scrapbook. It’s alright – you look great.
Tula hosts free yoga at the Logan Square Farmer’s Market directly across from New Wave Cafe on the lawn area by Logan Blvd. I will be teaching there again August 11th and August 25th.
Hope to see you there!